CompTIA Security+ training is a vendor-neutral certification that has gained huge popularity among IT enthusiasts with earlier experience in the field of IT administration. This certification is perfect for all those professionals who want to shift their focus to cybersecurity. Cloud computing and mobile devices have completely changed the way businesses are done in the present times. It is only because of this reason that cybersecurity has become important for organizations that are into transmitting massive data through networks on a regular basis. The CompTIA certification helps IT professionals in gaining the skills needed for deterring hackers and for making data transmission safer.
The Objectives Served by CompTIA Certification
One of the most important aims served by CompTIA Security+ training is validating that the students have the skills needed for deterring network attacks. Examination for the certification confirms that the examiner possesses proper knowledge about fields like:
- Good skills in cryptography
- Network security competence
- Proper information about access control and identity management
- Capability of detecting vulnerabilities and threat
- Skills in securing host, data and application information
- Ability to immediately react to different security breaches
- Capability of creating infrastructure for catering to different security breaches
- Skills in anticipating security risks and guarding against the same
Careers or Job Roles in the Field of Cybersecurity Post CompTIA Certification
Students who complete their CompTIA certification successfully have doors open to several considerable career choices or opportunities in the field of cybersecurity. Job profiles or career opportunities for CompTIA certified professionals include:
- Security Architect
- Network Administrator
- Security Consultant
- Systems Administrator
- Security Specialist
- Security Engineer
- Security Manager
- Information Assurance Engineer
Data network have gained huge importance in these present times. They serve as the backbone of companies across the world. Professionals who are adept at network security and are CompTIA certified have the ability of securing data networks while mitigating potential risks. Some of the major benefits of acquiring the CompTIA certification are as follows:
- It is a globally recognized certification acceptable in more than 147 countries. Candidates obtaining this certification are considered eligible for cybersecurity jobs and high paying positions in different IT companies across the world.
- Security managers, administrators and specialists can earn a huge amount of money if they are CompTIA certified.
- The fact that this certification is vendor-neutral makes it highly beneficial. The meaning of vendor-neutrality is that students undertaking this certification can easily understand the concepts behind IT security without remaining bonded or tied to any specific brand. This means that students who are CompTIA certified can easily work in different network, hardware and software configurations.
- The syllabus and the questions for CompTIA Security and examination are maintained and developed by expert professionals in the field of cybersecurity. Syllabus content is developed only after deep survey, feedback and even contributions from different industries, therefore, having this certification means candidates are duly recognized by professionals working in IT industries.
Added interest in cybersecurity and the urge to do something useful can help candidates in obtaining CompTIA Security+ training easily.