Planning to write a blog! But not getting any idea how to start with? Don’t be panic; it’s easier than your thoughts. Creating a successful blog is not a big job, maintaining it nicely is trickier though not at all impossible. We are always here to help you out as we are in this industry from past decade and you can learn many things from our wordpress development experience. Below is the complete process on how to start a wordpress blog, step by step, subsequently additional principles and insights:
- Domain and Hosting. The first thing we do is to search for a good web hosting company and register our domain. Domain should be related to the theme on which you are going to write for example for a lifestyle blog and domain defining “food and beverages “won’t work. Choose your domain wisely. Then, a simple installation of WordPress through web hosting service provider is required. Make sure the folks of web hosting service are 24*7 available for you because when you will be stuck at any point you will definitely need their help. The folks will guide us in the right direction and will make the set-up easy and wonderful.
- Theme. A user-friendly and related theme gives your blog a classy look and a nice feel which you always wanted for your blog. It allows you to design your blog exactly how you want it to look like. If you are not a coder, then a theme that makes the design is better because it is much easier. It is not at all impossible all you need is just read the required information regarding that theme on internet and you are done. There are so many videos posted on video sharing sites which will of course help you a lot.
- Tinkering. Once we our done with domain hosting, theme selection, then comes the tweaking part we spend a lot of time in changing the theme to get the look we desired its making our vision into reality.
- Plug-ins. Plug-ins plays a very important role in creating and maintaining any blog or website. It makes our work very easy many Plug-ins are available depending upon our requirement for example we normally use SEO Plug-in to add Meta data easily on our blog or website. We also use link removal plug-in to remove all our links instantly or even to make them no follow, removing all these links manually will be quite time consuming and irritating too. Few other very useful plug-ins are “Google Analytics for WordPress”, “Facebook and Twitter share-button Plug-ins”.
- Logo. Next, start designing a nice logo for your website else you can download some logo buttons online using free images and edit them either on Photoshop or on MS paint. Finally, start writing new blog posts and make sure you are posting them regularly (at least once a week). Remember uniformity is very essential it should not you posting 2 contents in one week and next week no new update on your blog.
- Content. Lastly, we should write a nice and unique content for our website, remember content is always king so nice unique and informative content is always preferred and if your content will be genuine you will be on top of Search Engine Result Pages very soon.